Family, History and Love

Wanda and I have been discussing, of late, the need to set down in writing some portion of our family history so that in the future our children and grandchildren will have the stories and tales of our lives direct from the source. The technophile that I am, I choose to do this online so that the what we write will be accessible and available for comment to our wider family (though I reserve the right to moderate those comments).

To that end, I have repurposed this blog. In coming posts, we will endeavor to provide an abridged story of our life (hey, everyone has their secrets). We're writing this for our children and their children and those that come later so elements of these tales will be familiar only to our family,

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Some Days!

Life sometimes just doesn't go as planned. Last night, I set up all my cameras, prepped my strobes, gathered all the costume materials, printed the model release and shoot sequence, and did a final run through in my head of how the House Fairy shoot would go. The idea was to have everything totally prepared to get through the shoot quickly as soon as my real job permitted. I think that's the way it would have worked too, except the model never showed up.

Once I realized the model was a no show, I posted a quick casting call on my local modeling site and got a fairly quick response from a different model who was very interested in shooting the concept, but who, after agreeing to the shoot, called back within 15 minutes to cancel on me. Hopes raised, then hopes dashed! That's the quickest cancellation I've ever received from a model.

The original model eventually contacted me, apologized profusely, and stated that she lost track of the day of the week and offered to do the shoot for me when she returned from a trip to back East. It may well be that we'll shoot another project together, but I'll have to use another model for for the House Fairy. Fortunately, I have one already scheduled for Friday and I've reconfirmed with her. So, with any luck, I'll actually get to shoot the theme.

Of course, if that were the only thing that happened today, it wouldn't be so bad, but this morning when I went to update my business financial records and found 2 years worth of data was missing. YIKES! So I went to my backup files, and the same thing. I still have no clue what happened. My computer has been running a file recovery program all day, and I suspect it will be running all night and most of tomorrow as well, and I can only hope I can find a slightly old file to recover. If not, I'll have to reconstruct the data from my paper records, which will be an extremely tedious effort at best.

Of course, my woes are very, very minor compared to those of so many other people in the world, and certainly minor to those I experienced even just a few years ago. So life goes on, and when it's all put into perspective, I really have nothing at all to complain about and much to be thankful for in my life.

And tomorrow is always a better day. Right?

No comments: