Family, History and Love

Wanda and I have been discussing, of late, the need to set down in writing some portion of our family history so that in the future our children and grandchildren will have the stories and tales of our lives direct from the source. The technophile that I am, I choose to do this online so that the what we write will be accessible and available for comment to our wider family (though I reserve the right to moderate those comments).

To that end, I have repurposed this blog. In coming posts, we will endeavor to provide an abridged story of our life (hey, everyone has their secrets). We're writing this for our children and their children and those that come later so elements of these tales will be familiar only to our family,

Monday, May 26, 2008

Photography and Correspondence

I've recently begun corresponding with penpals again. Except for Barb, a teacher in Southern California, with whom I've been corresponding for many years, I haven't really been writing much. Lately I had been missing the fun of getting to know more about different people from around the world. I've always enjoyed corresponding with different people; learning about their lives, their interests and their cultures. In recent years, though, it seems that I just haven't had, or haven't taken the time, to write to people. Oh, I've attempted it a few times, but after a few bad experiences it just didn't seem like it was worth the effort. Also, when you place a penpal ad, you subject yourself to so much spam mail and so many African Scammers, Russian Love Brides, and other intrepid opportunists that it makes filtering through the e-mails quite difficult. Of course, as a man (and an older man), I certainly have it a lot easier than any women that might post an ad.

In any case, I've had a couple of very interesting responses and fun e-mail exchanges so far. With any luck, my new friends will find me intriguing enough to continue write to me and I'll be able to make a couple of new friends.

No comments: