Family, History and Love

Wanda and I have been discussing, of late, the need to set down in writing some portion of our family history so that in the future our children and grandchildren will have the stories and tales of our lives direct from the source. The technophile that I am, I choose to do this online so that the what we write will be accessible and available for comment to our wider family (though I reserve the right to moderate those comments).

To that end, I have repurposed this blog. In coming posts, we will endeavor to provide an abridged story of our life (hey, everyone has their secrets). We're writing this for our children and their children and those that come later so elements of these tales will be familiar only to our family,

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Hump Day

The week is now officially "over the hump." I was supposed to be in Arizona for a business trip for the rest of the week, but it got canceled at the last minute and that's fine with me. While a little more sunshine would have been nice given the very wet weekend, it was very nice here Monday and Tuesday so I managed to get the seat in my truck reasonably dry (though it's still humid enough to fog up the windows when the heat is on). The rain returned today, but is was more of a mist that a true rain.

After arguing with the dealership on the phone about getting the truck looked at and repaired (it was barely out of warranty by time and still under 36K miles), I just drove down there at lunch and explained the situation to the guy that normally takes care of me. That helped a lot. He promised to look at it and try to get it covered under warranty. Not very long afterwards he told me there was a bad seal around the upper brake light and they corrected with a waterproof sealant with no charge for the repairs. Which is all I really expected. I don't know why the body shop manager had to be so snotty about it all when I spoke to him on the phone. He was acting like I was asking him to do major body work for free.

In any case, it's fixed (for now), and that's one less worry on my mind. I really like some leisure time to do some model shooting and perhaps write a new article comparing some lenses (with photographic examples). I think that will have to wait for a while as I still have some wedding photos to process and a number of other items to do around here to prepare for what looks to be a very wet winter.

Oh, the photo today? It's from a film shoot from nearly 30 years ago.

No comments: